Frontline healthcare staff bridge the gap between patients and providers, requiring more advanced skills and training than ever before.
The Introduction to Care Coordination curriculum consists of more than 20 training topics taught in an intensive 2-day face-to-face session, online modules, and forum calls. This training is an excellent workforce development opportunity which benefits medical assistants, community health workers, case managers, and others with clinical support roles. With shifting payment options on the horizon, care coordination will be essential to ensure financial stability and better outcomes for patients.
Key Training Topics
- Accessing Patient Resources
- Basic Communication Skills
- Bias, Culture, and Values in Healthcare
- Care Coordination Basic Skills
- Common Chronic Diseases
- Health Coaching and Patient Care Follow-Up
- Health Disparities
- Mental Illness and Crisis Management
- Motivational Interviewing and Goal Setting
- Navigating the Insurance System
- Quality Improvement and Outcomes
- Transition of Care
- Two-Day Face-to-Face Training
- Textbook + Digital Files
- Online Learning Modules + Forum Calls
- Community Referral/Care Coordination Resources
- One-on-One Support
2016 Regional Face-to-Face Training Dates
- Oct 11-12 (Ogden) - REGISTER HERE
- $400 (Non-AUCH Member) | $250 (AUCH Member)
Please contact Tracey if you have any questions.