General Scope of Responsibilities will include (not all-inclusive):
- Check patients in and out in an orderly and timely manner, assuring that all patient information is complete and accurate and patients are treated courteously.
- Performs new patient registration, including setting up new patient charts and determining eligibility; also, enters updates on all patient master file information.
- Collects patient fees at the time of service, writes receipts, and safeguards all money kept in the clinic.
- Performs end-of-day procedures, including balancing of the cash drawer, balancing with Medical Manager and the receipt log; prepares the bank deposit.
- Performs Medical Records duties when the need arises.
- Attends monthly clinic and organizational meetings as requested.
- Assists patients and interacts with the billing office on patient billing questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Community Health Centers Benefits:
- Wages depend on experience
- Excellent medical, dental benefits effective the first of the month following hire date
- Company paid life insurance and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Employer-sponsored and contributed to a retirement plan
- Education assistance
- Continued safety and job-related training opportunities – creating lifelong learning opportunities
- Opportunity to positively impact an individual’s life
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Types 45 wpm
- Training and/or experience on various office machines: computer CRT, 10-Key adding machine, photocopier, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the public.
- Ability to demonstrate high emotional intelligence when interacting with patients with an intended purpose to understand their needs
- Ability to relate well with physicians and other clinic staff; must be able to work together as a team.
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish/English) Required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Medical Office experience preferred