Behavioral Health Therapist- Green River, UT
Green River Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in a small frontier community in the southeastern desert of Utah. GRMC serves approximately 1400 patients per year with 4511 encounters in Primary Care, Dental, and Behavioral Health Services.
- The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or equivalent licensure provides, oversees, and/or administers a wide range of psycho-social evaluation/assessment, diagnostic, counseling therapy, crisis intervention, and/or case management services in a clinical environment that requires a high degree of independent decision-making and program administration.
- Participates in Patient-Centered Medical Home approach to integrated holistic care addressing all pertinent treatment as evaluated by Healthcare Team.
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to clients and families as appropriate to the position and the patient diagnosis; prepares treatment plans and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required within the framework of logistics related to providers residing out of town.
- Collects data about patients through interviews, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, both in-house and through referral appointments as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework.
- Provides and/or arranges therapeutic interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
- Refers clients to appropriate in-house services at GRMC with access to financial assistance as needed and provided under the parameters of GRMC’s Sliding Fee Scale.
- Follows up to determine the reliability of treatment used; changes method and degree of therapy when indicated.
- Establishes and maintains case files, referrals, and other related documents for the treatment of clients; prepares related documentation for civil commitment hearings or other legal proceedings; keeps abreast of patient data to ensure appropriate treatment and care are delivered.
- Consults with other legal and treatment agencies and individuals in relation to patient/client records, rights, and responsibilities.
- Plans and facilitates community outreach and education activities, as appropriate to the position; may serve as a liaison and representative to community organizations and schools.
- Participates as needed and available in consultations with patients coming to GRMC for medical appointments when the need for access to mental health services is indicated through the check-in questionnaire.
- May provide formal teaching, consultation, and in-service training to relevant professionals in the immediate and proper handling of crises situations and referral related to a variety of matters.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or an equivalent field; some experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current State of Utah Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license in good standing required or license eligible. Candidates should have some experience in pediatric social work, with some training in trauma work.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas;
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of psychological testing interpretation.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Knowledge of SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral, Therapy) techniques
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of social and vocational rehabilitation as they relate to mental health clinical practices.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
- Knowledge of community support services and funding agencies.
- Knowledge of community health care and vocational services.
- Knowledge of and commitment to using best practices for safety management in the care environment
Status: full time
Benefits: Health Insurance to include Dental and Vision, $3500 HSA funded by the company, Vacation and Sick Leave, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance, 401(k). Educational funds for CME, Opportunity to apply for National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment.
Location: Green River, UT
Schedule: 4 10's, Monday-Thursday