Behavioral Health Counselor
Provides group, family and individual counseling, crisis response and treatment for clients and their families. Supports and consults with Family Services Specialists, counselors, and technicians. Place clients in inpatient treatment using all available resources and helps develop treatment and aftercare programs for clients referred from courts, jail, social agencies, Health and Wellness staff and other professionals. Mentor mental health interns. Work evening hours once or twice a week, if available.
• Must be insurable through the Tribe’s vehicle insurance.
• Must pass a criminal and fingerprint background check according to P.L. 101-630 standards.
• Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Human Services or related field from an accredited school required.
• Two or more years’ experience in the behavioral health field required.
• Preference given for fluency in Spanish.
• Preference given for prior work experience with Native Americans.
License & Certification:
• Must possess, maintain, and provide proof of a valid Utah Driver’s License
• Must possess, maintain, and provide proof of a valid LFMT, LCSW, LPC or CMHC License.
• Consideration given to CSW, ALMFT or ACMHC licensees that are actively working towards obtaining unrestricted license (must obtain within two years from date of hire).