AUCH is looking for an experienced Program Coordinator to further our mission and goals. As our organization grows, we are in need of someone who can promote our mission and brand, plus establish productive relationships with our members and key stakeholders. Applicants should be excited about increasing access to affordable healthcare and improving patient health outcomes by addressing social determinants of health. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in program coordination or related fields, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For over 30 years, AUCH has represented Utah's Health Centers and their patients. As the Primary Care Association in the state, we provide over 12,000 hours of training and technical assistance to 13 Health Centers and 5 affiliate members each year. Our members include Federal Health Center grantees who provide comprehensive, high-quality primary and preventive healthcare services to all individuals, with or without insurance, regardless of ability to pay. Health Centers are community-based, patient-directed organizations that eliminate geographical and financial barriers and serve populations with limited access to care. In support of our members and the people they serve, AUCH helps reduce barriers to healthcare through health promotion, community engagement and development, education, and policy analysis. AUCH is designated by the Federal Bureau of Primary Healthcare as the state Primary Care Association and receives federal program support to develop and enhance services for members.
Start Date: March 2019
Job Summary: The Utah Healthcare Corps Program Assistant (UHCPA) is responsible for administratively supporting the implementation of the Utah Healthcare Corps (UHC), an AmeriCorps program of the Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH). UHC is an exciting statewide program that places 20+ AmeriCorps Members in service with host sites across Utah. The goal of UHC is to increase access to affordable healthcare and improve patient health outcomes by addressing social determinants of health. The UHCPA may also provide technical and administrative support for other projects at AUCH that support workforce development and health care access under the direction of the UHC Program Director. UHCPA responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Support marketing and recruitment efforts, ensuring that all member slots are filled, including managing UHC social media platforms and representing UHC at career fairs
- Support the development and implementation of member and host site orientations, leading sessions as assigned
- Support member and host site management through site visits, timesheet review, reimbursement processing, and travel coordination
- Coordinate member continuing education trainings
- Facilitate member meetings and service projects as assigned
- Support administrative tasks, including but not limited to: maintaining member files, conducting criminal history checks, approving member timesheets and reimbursements, and coordinating logistics for travel, trainings and events
- Participate and represent UHC at AmeriCorps, community, and professional meetings and events as assigned
- Draft program reports
- Support proposal development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements: The following requirements must be met to be considered for the program:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related/applicable field required (related experience will be considered in substitution for academic attainment)
- Experience in program/project coordination or management preferred
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team player
- High level of proactivity and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Ability to think critically and anticipate next steps
- Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and expedite work projects
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of requests/needs/issues simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Ability to travel statewide, and occasionally out-of-state, as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
AUCH is an equal opportunity employer, offering flexible benefits, a casual work environment, and a competitive compensation (DOE).
Category: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Responsible to: UHC Program Director
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick leave and vacation, life and disability insurance, flex spending plan, and retirement plan (Simplified Employee Pension or SEP).
A background check will be conducted on all potential candidates.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Cynthia O’Connor at Cynthia@auch.org. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this job. The statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. This job description may be changed and additional duties may be added or assigned from time to time. The above description does not affect or diminish the at-will status of the employment relationship between AUCH and its employees.
The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) reaffirms its commitment to equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. AUCH is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please contact AUCH at: 801-716-4600.