Wasatch Homeless Healthcare
Salt Lake City, UT - Fourth Street Clinic
The Medical Provider position delivers primary/urgent care in an ambulatory care clinic and mobile setting for 100% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following information is intended to be representative of the essential functions performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific task or function will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
· Provides comprehensive, responsive, compassionate, high quality primary care medical services to homeless patients of all ages, with the exclusion of prenatal and obstetric care.
· Conducts history and physicals, develops differential diagnoses and treatment plans, writes prescriptions, administers prescribed treatment and dispenses medication; performs diagnostic tests, reviews and interprets laboratory findings.
· Consultations and referrals are based on procedure and disease requisites and are clearly documented in the electronic health record (Epic.)
· Provides patient teaching and counseling aimed at illness prevention, anticipatory guidance, harm reduction, and accident risk factors related to health using guidelines set out by the clinic and other professional organizations.
· Provides health education and supports wellness programs in addition to health promotion services that meets the unique needs of the homeless population.
· Collaborates with Medical Director and providers to monitor and improve processes and outcomes of care.
· Supports the integrity of data collection by documenting required clinic measures such as UDS, MU and HEDIS, etc.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the electronic health record and standards of practice plus effectively communicates with healthcare teams.
· Understands how to access and adheres to clinic protocols, policies, and standardized procedures as appropriate.
· On call consultation duties require availability by phone and are rotated amongst the provider staff approximately once per month or less.
· Precept Residents, Physician Assistants, APRNs, medical students, and other health care professionals in family practice and primary care.
· Complies with Utah Code and the Consultation and Referral Plan. Copy of the plan to be kept on site.
· Participates in twice yearly peer review process.
· Attends and participates in the weekly provider meetings.
· Supports the Medical Director in establishing medical policies
· Collaborates and liaises with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that appropriate services are provided within the clinic guidelines and capacities
· The Family Practice/Internal Medicine/Dual Medicine/Pediatrics MD, is a graduate of an accredited program who must be nationally certified within one year of completion of the program, maintaining national re-certification every two years, and is licensed in the State of Utah with a current unrestricted Utah physician, DEA number or eligibility & NPI number.
· Maintains current professional licensure as well as BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
Job Closes On
January 1, 2019