Green River Medical Center
Green River, UT
The RN/Case Manager serves Green River Medical Center’s patients by coordinating care to specifically identified patient populations. Working as part of an integrated health care team the RN/Case Manager will access, analyze, customize, coordinate, and communicate the patient’s plan of care to maximize Patient Centered Medical Home workflows and QI processes.
*Assists patients by acting as a patient advocate.
*Facilitates patient education and access to healthcare and community resources.
*Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities including referrals from the primary care provider to specialty care providers.
*Coordinates continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
Assessment and Planning
*Monitors patient conditions monthly or more frequently as indicated.
*Coordinates an evidenced-based comprehensive action plan for all patients with chronic conditions which includes but is not limited to ensuring compliance, timely lab and medication management and patient appointment scheduling.
*Supports patient self-management.
Patient Education and Nurse Visits
*Conducts daily appointments for patient education regarding chronic conditions.
*Clears all medication refills for completion or provider encounter to review, and oversees immunization and TASC administration. Coordinates and/or conducts support group meetings and activities such as healthy meal preparation, weight management support, exercise support, etc.
Data Collection and Reporting
*Assists Quality Assurance Coordinator with the collection, reporting, and analysis of clinical data.
*Evaluates clinical care and utilization of resources.
*Documents patient care information and data related to clinical care measures in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
*Safeguards all forms (electronic, written and oral) of confidential information as it relates to patients, patient families, medical staff and employees. Is aware of and compliant with organizational polices regarding HIPAA, Fraud and Abuse, Conflict of Interest, etc. and the Employee Behavioral Expectations outlined below.
*Performs other related duties as required, including filling the Medical Assistant position for at least 10 hours per week.
- Associates degree in Nursing required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. Current Utah RN licensure required and must be maintained in a current/active status thereafter.
- Maintains current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications.
- A minimum of one year relevant clinical experience is required. Must demonstrate clinical knowledge and competency. Must possess excellent computer and customer service skills with an understanding and professional approach to the following skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff personnel.
• Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with staff.
• Strong problem-solving and time-management skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, medical office environment with frequent interruptions, public contact, and occasional crisis situations.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive medical information and foster an ethical work environment.
• Ability and willingness to carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Demonstrates complete understanding and responds effectively with sensitivity to special populations served by Green River Medical Center. Special populations include, but are not limited to, those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, economic standing, disability status, migrant, homelessness, seasonal workers, and the uninsured.
- GRMC is an NHSC loan repayment site.
- Health insurance, 401(k) with 5% matching, vacation, sick leave, and life insurance are some of the benefits provided.
- GRMC is located with 2 hours of three National Parks and several State Parks with premium recreation venues such as river running, mountain biking, hiking, ATV, 4 wheeling and horse country, all in your back yard. If you enjoy outdoor pursuits this is an ideal setting in which to live and practice.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, license and certifications, with salary requests to:
Paula Dunham, Executive Director, Green River Medical Center.
Job Closes On:
When position is filled.