Wasatch Homeless Healthcare dba Fourth Street Clinic is hiring a Medical Assistant.
• Performs routine Medical Assisting duties, including: assisting providers, tray setups (paps, pelvics, minor surgeries), charting patient care, vital signs, EKGs, urinalysis, rapid strep test, pregnancy testing, finger-stick glucose & Hgb, phlebotomy and injections (intramuscular, intradermal and subcutaneous).
• Stocking/inventory of patient exam rooms, medications/immunizations, storage room and lab area.
• Follows all CLIA, HIPAA and OSHA guidelines.
• Logging daily in the MA lab log book (microscope, refrigerator temp. and centrifuge).
• Using the electronic health record to put in vital signs, lab results, orders, etc.
• Assumes responsibility for the training of MA externs and volunteers.
• Capable of working quickly and efficiently under pressure. Work well with others to organize and run efficiently medical provider’s clinic schedule.
• Sensitive to the needs of homeless people, but capable of being innovative and assertive with a diverse population in a variety of situations.
• Good organizational skills with emphasis on accuracy, prioritization and reliability.
• General office skills: phone etiquette, basic computer skills, and filing.
• Provides input in development of clinical procedures/setting clinic goals.
• Responsible for specific duties assigned to them by supervising personnel.
• Expected to be prepared to start shift at scheduled time.
• Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all clients, co-workers, and others.
• High school graduate
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or equivalent training level
o If not a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant, must work toward becoming such within 12 months of hire date
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• CPR Certification
• Essential technical skills: verbal communication, organizational, clerical skills a must
• Essential physical requirements: Able to lift up to 50 lbs. Other physical movements include pushing, balancing, stooping, flexing/twisting, ability to spend majority of time on feet, et al.
• Proficiency in Spanish highly preferred
$12.00 - $14.00 per hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job closing date: