Urban Indian Center of Salt Lake
120 West 1300 South Salt Lake City, UT 84115
PURPOSE: Under the direct supervision of the Red Mesa Director, provide culturally appropriate clinical supervision for counseling staff, interns, and case managers.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL: Supervision of Red Mesa counselors, interns, and case managers. This position also has managerial responsibility including conducting and/or participation in staff performance appraisals, assisting in the recruitment, hiring and training of counseling staff, and the authority to recommend action to be taken for Red Mesa staff members under supervision.
• Supervise all unlicensed counselor's/student's clinical work including:
• Insure that supervisee's clinical work meets all appropriate professional standards, licensing/certification, accreditation,
and grant /contract requirements.
• Insure that supervisee's clinical services are culturally specific for the AI/AN population served.
• Insure that supervisees maintained all clinical records confidential and in accordance with all appropriate professional standards, licensing/certification, accreditation, and grant /contract requirements.
• Provide consultation and guidance for supervisees to ensure that they are capable of providing high quality crisis intervention and conflict resolution services.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to insure that they are capable of providing high quality screenings; appropriate referrals; comprehensive bio/psycho/social/spiritual assessments; treatment planning; individual, couples, group, and family counseling; discharge planning; and follow-up/care monitoring of progress.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to insure that they are capable of utilizing specialized screening and assessment instruments.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to insure that they are capable of writing assessment and discharge summaries.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to insure that they are capable of conducting clinical team staffing presentations, including new, review, and re-staff presentations.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to be able to provide limited case management services including timely correspondence and communications with referring agencies and court personnel.
• Provide direction/training for supervisees to insure that they properly document all clinical services provided according to all appropriate professional standards, licensing/certification, accreditation, and grant /contract requirements, and do so in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Provide Quality Assurance through clinical documentation and chart reviews.
• Participate in all required staff meetings including clinical tea m staffing and with RM Director
• Sign clinical documents for all supervisees, including in agency clinical database system in an efficient and timely manner
• Provide periodic status reports to RM Director of clinical skills/practices of supervisees.
• Communicate with RM Director to coordinate meetings or when late/unable to attend required meetings.
• Provide Clinical Supervision for eligible Interns, if available to do so.
• Be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with referring/collaborating agency personnel including agents of the legal system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• An extensive knowledge of behavioral health clinical practice including cause/effect, methods and techniques of professional counseling is essential.
• Knowledge of clinical supervision practices, methods and techniques
• Be able to follow established administrative policies and guidelines.
• Be able to follow all professional standards, licensing/certification, accreditation, and grant /contract requirements
• Be able to differentiate between substance abuse and mental health issues in. treatment setting
• Ability to recognize/practice strong professional and ethical boundaries and be committed to promoting the welfare and wellbeing of patients,
• Demonstrated strong human relations skills including effective verbal and ,written communication skills
• Proven ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts between staff members
• Knowledge and experience with the cultural, social, and economic background of the urban Al/ AN population and ability to successfully integrate that knowledge into program se1v1ces
URBAN INDIAN CENTER OF SALT LAKE: RED MESA POSITION DESCRIPTION
• Excellent interpersonal/professional skills with the ability to respectfully interact with all people
• Ability to handle stressful situations and problematic situations
• Proficiency with Microsoft software and knowledge of clinical database software
• Licensed Mental Health Professional with at least 4 years postgraduate (Master's) clinical experience, of which, at least one year of work experience must be acting in the capacity of clinical supervisor for multiple behavioral health professionals (mental health and/or substance abuse counselors)
• Licensure in the State of Utah (i.e. LCSW), required
• Previous treatment experience in providing counseling/treatment services with AI/ AN individuals, couples, and families, in both individual and group setting
• Knowledge and a genuine respect for AI/ AN values, customs, and practices
• Experience working with an urban AI/ AN population
• Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team
• Must be well-organized
• Must have valid Utah driver's license or ability to obtain upon hire.
• Must have a clean driving record and ability to be insured on UICSL auto policy.
• Must have a clean criminal background investigation report
68K, Full Time, Full Benefits, 401K available
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit website www.uicsl.org and go to "Contact Us" and fill out the application