AUCH is proud to underwrite the upcoming Utah Public Radio Original (UPR) Series, "A State of Addiction: Utah's Opioid Epidemic." UPR journalists have been traveling around the state for several months learning how the opioid epidemic is affecting our state and local communities.
In preparation for the new series, the award-winning Utah Public Radio production team will be hosting a number of outreach events around Utah.
UPR will be in Moab, Price and Vernal on Oct. 3-5, 2017. At each event, there will be a screening of the documentary "Dying In Vein: The Opiate Generation" followed by a Q&A with a panel of local experts.
Before the screening, we welcome anybody to come to an open house where they can mingle with organizations from the community. This is an opportunity to ask questions, collect literature and meet other people at the event. Also, come and enjoy some famous Aggie Ice Cream (until supplies last).
Add these events to your own calendar or share them on your Facebook page here
- Oct. 3 - Historic Star Hall in Moab - 159 E Center Street, Moab, UT
- Oct. 4 - Jennifer Leavitt Student Center Multi-Purpose Room on USU Eastern campus in Price - 414 N 300 E, Price, UT 84501
- Oct. 5 - Uintah County Library in Vernal - 204 E 100 N, Vernal, UT 84078
When: (Each event follows the same time schedule)
- 5:00 p.m. - Open house/ice cream social
- 6:00 p.m. - Screening of "Dying in Vein" begins
- ~7:10 p.m. - Q&A with panel of experts
Please contact Dani Hayes with UPR with any questions about these events.