Schedule: Full-time Mon-Thurs 7:30 am- 6:00 pm
Starting Pay: $16.00 -$24.40 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, $100,000.00 company paid life insurance plan , PTO, paid holidays and other voluntary benefits including matching 403b
Assists medical providers in providing quality care by collecting accurate information and all necessary vitals. Serves as a point of contact between the provider and patient through follow-up phone calls and prescription refills. Assures that patient care areas are cleaned and stocked for patient care. Conducts weekly inventories of assigned treatment/exam rooms. Assists in serving unscheduled patients and non-provider visits. Performs and documents laboratory tests and applicable quality control. Coordinates patient referrals and maintains a referral log. Administers and documents immunizations.
- Performs & documents laboratory quality control to include actions taken for out-of-range or unexpected values
- Complies with VFC eligibility guidelines
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and Biohazard waste guidelines
- Assures rooms are stocked with medical supplies for each visit. Turns in weekly inventory to center manager
- Understands & Adheres to Standing Orders
- Uses USIIS in efforts to improve Immunization rates
- Understands and follows ACIP Immunization guidelines
- Uses two patient identifiers during any patient interaction
- Accurately completes MA visit Encounters with all pertinent billing information entered correctly
- Documentation of patient visits meets MTCHC charting protocols (CC, Social, family history, medical history, surgical history, hospitalizations, etc.)
- Reviews current medications during each office visit
- Tracks referrals/Diagnostic imaging to ensure timely return of results/notes
- Tracks lab results to ensure return in a timely manner
- Sends out labs accurately by attaching ICD-9/ ICD-10 codes and pertinent billing information. Processes specimens correctly
- Correctly scans and attaches documents into ECW, attaching orders appropriately
- Obtains and documents vitals accurately and completely
- Responds to Telephone Encounters in a timely manner. Documentation is clear and complete
- Other Duties as assigned
- Completion of medical assistant program OR may substitute education for 1-year minimum experience in similar setting OR may substitute if CNA certification is up to date OR phlebotomist certification is up to date.
- Previous experience providing care to medically underserved patients preferred.
- Required license- None
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written in English and Spanish. Demonstrates ability to relate well with others in a team based environment, works quickly and accurately under pressure, and has the ability to learn computer skills. Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.