HIPAA Privacy and Security Boot Camp
This full-day workshop on HIPAA privacy and security regulations will provide the tools to protect your patients and your Health Center.
Participants will be trained by Mark Norby, a certified HIPAA professional, in a small classroom setting. Learning objectives include:
- Learning the responsibilities associated with being your organization’s HIPAA privacy and/or security officer.
- Understanding the legal requirements of federal HIPAA regulations and passing a Meaningful Use or Office for Civil Rights audit.
- Learning promising practices to avoid breaches that harm your patients and your Health Center.
Workshop materials include:
- Digital and paper copies of all presentation materials;
- Sample Notice of Privacy Practices and Business Associate agreements; and
- Sample forms, templates, tools and FAQ’s.
PLEASE NOTE: Available space requires us to limit enrollment to three participants per Health Center. Please contact Courtney if you have any questions about the training.
When: Friday, August 4th, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Where: AUCH Office, 860 E. 4500 S. #206, Salt Lake City, UT
Price: $25 per attendee
- 8:00 - 9:15 am: Introduction and Employee HIPAA Orientation
- 9:15 - 9:25 am: Break
- 9:25 - 10:30 am: IT Security in Health Care
- 10:30 - 10:40 am: Break
- 10:40 am – noon: Business Associates, Enforcement and Breach Notification
- Noon - 1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- 2:00 - 2:10 pm: Break
- 2:10 - 3:10 pm: The HIPAA Security Rule Part 1
- 3:10 - 3:20 pm: Break
- 3:20 - 4:30 pm: The HIPAA Security Rule Part 2
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Wrap-up and Final Review
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided
If you have questions about the training, please contact Courtney.
If you have troubles registering, please contact Barbara.
Start Date + Time
August 4, 2017 @ 8:00 am
End Date + Time
August 4, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Registration Start Date
July 7, 2017
Registration Cut Off
August 2, 2017 @ 11:55 pm