Have you ever helped a family member or friend receive healthcare services? Do your neighbors or friends come to you for help? Are there things harming your community you feel passionate about changing? If the answer to any of these questions is "yes," this might be the job opportunity for you.
Position Title: Lead Community Health Worker (CHW)
Position Location: Hiring one Lead CHW in Ogden, Utah and one in St. George, Utah.
Start Date: November 2018
CHWs are trusted, knowledgeable frontline health personnel who typically come from the communities they serve. CHWs bridge cultural and linguistic barriers, expand access to coverage and care, and improve health outcomes. The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) is hiring one Lead CHW in Ogden and one in St. George, Utah.
Lead CHW responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Managing up to five AmeriCorps members, to include providing direction and training, distributing client cases, reviewing their work, and providing input on their performance
- Building community partnerships and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the community by serving as an advocate to improve health and social outcomes
- Establishing trusting relationships with patients and their families to help them become more engaged in their health
- Conducting intake interviews with patients utilizing motivational interviewing and health coaching, and enrolling and/or referring patients into applicable health and community resources
- Following-up with patients via phone calls, home visits, and visits to other settings where patients can be found
- Working closely with clinical teams to ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care
- Documenting patient activities and outcomes in appropriate databases
- Participating in community and professional events
- Leading and attending team meetings as assigned to discuss progress, successes, and challenges
- Preparing team and program reports
- Other duties as assigned
For over 30 years, The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) has represented Utah's Health Centers and their patients. As the Primary Care Association in the state, we provide over 12,000 hours of training and technical assistance to 13 Health Centers and 5 affiliate members each year. Our members include Federal Health Center grantees who provide comprehensive, high-quality primary and preventive healthcare services to all individuals, with or without insurance, regardless of ability to pay. Health Centers are community-based, patient-directed organizations that eliminate geographical and financial barriers and serve populations with limited access to care. In support of our members and the people they serve, AUCH helps reduce barriers to healthcare through health promotion, community engagement and development, education, and policy analysis. AUCH is designated by the Federal Bureau of Primary Health Care as the state Primary Care Association and receives federal program support to develop and enhance services for members.
Category: Responsible to: Salary Range:
Full-Time, Non-Exempt CHW Program Manager Up to $35,000/year
Qualifications and Requirements: The following requirements must be met to be considered for the program:
- High school diploma or GED
- Written and oral fluency in English; other language capabilities desired
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with documenting and data reporting
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with patients and program stakeholders
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the target community
- Good communication skills such as listening, speaking, and writing
- Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement, and motivation to patients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Willingness to take initiative and be pro-active in daily work
- Experience working within community partnerships preferred
- Experience managing others for at least one year preferred
- Experience working as a Community Health Worker, or within a similar capacity, for at least two years preferred
- Willingness to travel to community-based organizations and patients’ homes throughout Ogden or St. George, and to Salt Lake City as needed
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, sick leave and vacation, life and disability insurance, flex spending plan, and retirement plan (Simplified Employee Pension or SEP).
A background check will be conducted on all potential candidates.
Deadline to Apply: October 31, 2018
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Starr Stratford at Starr@auch.org. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.