Green River Medical Center
Green River, UT
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides health care services to patients working with a Physician Assistant in consultation with an off-site Medical Director (ER Physician). The FNP provides primary/urgent care in an ambulatory care clinic setting.
•Conducts history and physicals, develops differential diagnoses and treatment plans, writes prescriptions, administers prescribed treatment and dispenses medication.
•Administers or orders diagnostic tests such as X-Rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results.
•Performs therapeutic procedures, such as immunizations, injections, suturing, wound care, simple casting, and managing infection.
•Initiates consultation and referrals based on procedure and disease requisites with clear documentation in the electronic health record.
•Provides patient teaching and counseling aimed at illness prevention, anticipatory guidance, harm reduction and accident risk factors related to health guidelines set out by the clinic and other professional organizations.
•Adheres to GRMC policy and procedures for management of chronic pain patients, seeking alternative sources for pain management, actively working to reduce dependency on controlled substances as the primary intervention.
•Collaborates with the Medical Director and Associate Medical Director to monitor and improve processes and outcomes of care, actively participating in the monthly Peer Review meeting.
•Supports the integrity of data collection by documenting required clinic measures such as UDS, MIPS, MU, etc.
•Demonstrates knowledge of the electronic health record and standards of practice including coding procedures needed to complete the care process, and demonstrates effective communication with the healthcare team.
•Collaborates and liaises with multidisciplinary teams to ensure that appropriate services are provided within clinic guidelines and capacities following the PCMH model.
•Participates in after-hours call response to meet the emergency needs of the community and GRMC designation as a “patient receiving facility.”
•Serves as the in-service resource for GRMC’s continuing medical education.
•Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, a Nurse Practitioner program recognized by the Board of Nursing, or from a program otherwise designated for Family Nurse Practitioners, which has been approved by the State Board of Nursing.
• A year of clinical experience preferred
• Current unrestricted Utah State License, DEA registration, and ANCC or AANP Certification required.
• Unrestricted Medicare, Medicaid credentialing.
•Maintains current professional licensure as well as BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications. ATLS required within 6 months of hire. NRCME (DOT) encouraged.
•Demonstrated competencies in dealing with all age groups including neonates, infants, children adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
•Supports Medical Director in establishing medical policies
•Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful.
- GRMC is an NHSC loan repayment site.
- GRMC provides the opportunity to provide a full spectrum of care to the community including: well child checks, chronic disease management, urgent care, and an occasional real emergency. You need to be able to treat diabetes, hypertension, lacerations, simple fractures, and stabilize emergencies until the ambulance or helicopter arrives and patient is transferred to higher level of care. You will work with a Physician Assistant on site, and off-site consultation from physician level Medical Director. Malpractice is provided through FTCA.
- Coverage will be 40 hours per week in clinic 10 hour days (4/week) and is split between two providers. After hours call response is split between providers.
- Health insurance, 401(k) with 5% matching, vacation, sick leave, CME allowance, and life insurance are some of the benefits provided.
- GRMC is located with 2 hours of three National Parks and several State Parks with premium recreation venues such as river running, mountain biking, hiking, ATV, 4 wheeling and horse country, all in your back yard. If you enjoy outdoor pursuits this is an ideal setting in which to live and practice.
$75,000 - $95,000
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, license and certifications, with salary requests to:
Paula Dunham, Executive Director, Green River Medical Center.
Job Closes On:
When position is filled.