Wasatch Homeless Healthcare
Salt Lake City, UT - Fourth Street Clinic
Wasatch Homeless Healthcare, Inc. (WHHC) dba Fourth Street Clinic, Salt Lake City’s leading nonprofit health care provider for homeless Utahns operates with a core staff of approximately 50 and a volunteer network of more than 150. Annually, the health center provides services to over 5,200 homeless men, women, and children with more than 33,000 medical, behavioral health, dental services, case management and health education classes. Fourth Street Clinic has an onsite pharmacy that provided over 65,000 prescriptions to uninsured patients.
The Behavioral Health Director is responsible for all aspects of the Behavioral Health program, including but not limited to, programmatic design and evaluation, selection and training of staff on evidence-based practices, implementation of programmatic elements and evaluation methods, preparing and managing departmental budgets, and reporting departmental progress and activities on a routine basis. As a member of the organizations Senior Management Team the Behavioral Health Director is in a leadership position and is responsible for modeling the organizations values of trust, accountability, respect, transparency, and integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide behavioral health consultation to, and work in conjunction with medical providers and their patients to meet the patients’ medical and behavioral health care needs
• Conduct mental health and substance abuse screening, crisis intervention, and assessments to provide diagnostic clarification, triage, and brief behaviorally oriented interventions in accordance with DSM-IV.
• Co-manage the behavioral health needs of the patient with medical provider
• Serve as a key member of the care team at Fourth Street Clinic
• Work with the Chief Operating Officer to develop and implement strategic goals and business models for clinical service programs to include budgetary, staffing, projected growth, and outreach strategies
• Manage and develop staff, including but not limited to hiring, supervising, and evaluating staff
• Review and recommend changes and program services to meet client needs
• Identify evidence-based practices and interventions best suited for working with patient population and provide clinical training for staff in these areas
• Responsible for the development and evaluation of the Behavioral Health Program
• Must have an active license in one of the following areas – psychiatry, psychology, social work, or mental health—in the state of Utah or willing to become licensed in the state.
• Prior experience with homeless population is preferred, but not required.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with individuals with co-occurring disorders (mental health and substance abuse) who are also service resistant.
• Excellent leadership and organization skills, as well as an ability to effectively communicate across multi-disciplinary teams
• Prior experience with development and implementation of behavioral health programs is desired.
• Spanish speaking is preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Closes On
October 31, 2018