Fourth Street Clinic
Salt Lake City
Fourth Street Clinic is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse interested in providing triage and primary care services in an outpatient clinic setting. The applicant must be licensed in the State of Utah.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Registered Nurse (RN) promotes and restores patients' health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members in the primary care setting; providing physical and psychological support to patients; assists with patients’ flow through the clinic via the triage process.
Detailed Definition – Primary Care
Primary health care consists of a broad range of health care services including the following:
• Promotion and maintenance of health that includes counseling and patient education.
• Management of acutely and chronically ill patients and the provision of selected intervention according to established standards of health care.
• Consultation, collaboration with primary care providers, other health care professionals, and community resources when appropriate.
• The Triage RN’s Primary responsibility is to assess, evaluate and maintain patient safety throughout the clinic.
• Identifies patient care requirements as part of the triage process and establishes personal rapport with potential and actual patients.
• Maintains continuity among the medical teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following 4th Street Clinic philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Assists in resolving identified patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions: evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
• Support clinic health promotion group education for patients
• The Registered Nurse is a graduate of an accredited program and is licensed in the State of Utah.
• Excellent assessment skills acquired through working previously in the nursing field.
• ACLS/PALS/BLS certified upon hire or within 90 days of hire date.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Familiarity with wound care techniques.
• Ability to multitask and priorities cares based on patient needs and clinic flow.
• RN must work well with the clinic team including primary care, behavioral health, dental, front desk and client services to prioritize care.
Experience working with electronic medical records program - EPIC
Experience working with ARUP Laboratory
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter with resume to email@example.com
Job Closes On: