Association for Utah Community
Healthcare Finance Coordinator
The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) is a membership association for Utah’s Health Centers serving low-income, homeless, and migrant populations in Utah. AUCH is a busy, team-oriented non-profit that represents and supports Utah’s Health Centers by providing trainings and technical assistance to improve the quality of and access to comprehensive healthcare services. AUCH is looking for an experienced Healthcare Finance Coordinator to develop and facilitate trainings and technical assistance aimed at improving Health Center financial performance improvement. Applicants should be excited about facilitating change among a diverse group of rural and urban stakeholders.
For over 30 years, AUCH has represented Utah's Health Centers and their patients. As Utah’s designated Primary Care Association, we provide over 12,000 hours of training and technical assistance to 13 Health Centers and five affiliate members each year. Our members provide comprehensive, high-quality primary and preventive healthcare services to all individuals, with or without insurance, regardless of ability to pay. Health Centers are community-based, patient-directed organizations that eliminate geographical and financial barriers, and serve populations with limited access to care. In support of our members and the people they serve, AUCH helps reduce barriers to healthcare through health promotion, community engagement, education, and policy analysis. AUCH receives federal program support from the Federal Bureau of Primary Health Care to develop and enhance services for our members.
The Healthcare Finance Coordinator (HFC) develops and facilitate trainings and technical assistance aimed at improving Health Center financial performance improvement. The HFC is responsible for working with health centers to facilitate value based arrangements and performance improvement in the accounts receivable area including billing, coding, charge entry, posting payments, filing claims, and account reconciliation. Experience with alternative payment arrangements, accountable care organizations, coding, monitoring and auditing payments, monthly financial reporting and the development and maintenance of standard revenue cycle operating procedures is required. The HFC works among a multi-disciplinary team to unify efforts of performance improvement.
The following information is intended to be representative of the essential functions performed and is not all-inclusive.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of:
- Revenue cycle, billing/coding, charge entry, filing claims, account reconciliation, and revenue system performance measurement within multiple specialties.
- HRSA Compliance Manual, Program Information Notices (PINS), Program Assistance Letters (PALS), and Federal Register notices, as appropriate; and
- Industry trends, issues, products and solutions, in particular as they relate to healthcare transformation and move to value-based arrangements.
- Develop, implement, and manage initiatives with Health Centers to support and facilitate financial performance improvement within Health Centers, this includes:
- Identification of problems, development of solutions, and implementation of a chosen course of action to resolve issues and build consensus among diverse stakeholders;
- Development and facilitation of trainings and technical assistance in support of value based arrangements, alternative payment systems, revenue cycle, billing/coding, charge entry, filing claims, and monitoring and auditing payments;
- Facilitation of AUCH Peer Groups;
- Development and facilitation of ad hoc AUCH Work Groups; and
- Evaluation and reporting of impact.
- Establish and maintain a supportive, collegial role with health centers engaged in AUCH initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a supportive, collegial role with Utah State Medicaid and other third party payers.
- Actively participate in local, State, Regional, and National workgroups, and committees;
- Contribute to the AUCH strategic planning process, goal and objective development and to the preparation of grant and work plan activities;
- Assist with program planning, evaluation, and reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in healthcare or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years medical billing/coding experience required; current CPC certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership/supervisory experience working in a centralized billing/coding setting.
- Strong Revenue Cycle operational knowledge.
- Demonstrated expertise in change management, facilitation and project management methods.
- Must have strong communication and facilitation skills, both within and outside the organization.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in virtual web applications, word processing, and spreadsheet software used to maintain databases and create spreadsheets, reports and documents.
- Must have a high standard of work-ethics, and be able to multi-task & collaborate with a multi- disciplinary team.
- Ability to travel throughout Utah.
AUCH is an equal opportunity employer, offering flexible benefits, a casual work environment, and competitive compensation (DOE).
Category: Full-Time; Non-Exempt Responsible to: Program Manager
Deadline to Apply: Application review begins May 29, 2018
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Association for Utah Community Health
Attn: Courtney Pariera Dinkins 860 East 4500 South, Suite 206 Salt Lake City, UT 84107
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this job. The statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. This job description may be changed and additional duties may be added or assigned from time to time. The above description does not affect or diminish the at-will status of the employment relationship between AUCH and its employees.
The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) reaffirms its commitment to equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. AUCH is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please contact AUCH at: 801-716- 4600.