Each May, the AUCH Primary Care Conference brings together nearly 200 Health Center staff, board members, and other primary care professionals for two days of presentations and interactive sessions by leaders in the healthcare field. The venue also serves as our annual "AUCHIE" awards ceremony, honoring Health Center Heroes from across the state. The conference is made possible by over 40 generous sponsors and exhibitors, and is hosted at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center which offers stunning views of the Wasatch mountain range, bordering Salt Lake City. Mark your calendar for next year's conference which will take place on May 17th & 18th, 2017.
The conference gives sponsors and exhibitors the unique opportunity to interact directly with management, clinical, and administrative staff from AUCH member organizations. The Utah Cultural Celebration Center boasts an open exhibiting area - a hub for networking and conference activity. Exhibitors and conference sponsors will also be included in an “Exhibitor Bingo” - encouraging attendees to visit with each vendor.
To learn more about how your organization can support our conference, download our sponsorship/exhibitor information here or contact Barbara Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-716-4605.
Conference Registraton Now Open!
Register Soon - Early Bird Rates End on Friday, March 30th
The annual Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) Primary Care Conference provides Health Center staff members an opportunity to explore new ideas, discover innovative strategies, and gain relevant training that contributes to improving healthcare delivery.
Annual Conference Early Bird Prices:
- Conference Full Registration: $375 (regularly $400)
- Thursday Only: $275 (regularly $300)
- Friday Only: $225 (regularly $250)
- Thursday Dinner/AUCHIES Only: $45 (regularly $50)
Early Bird Registration Also Open For Pre-Conference Sessions:
Billing Boot Camp and Front Desk Workshops
This training will go over the six steps of a claim process and discuss how to avoid common mistakes, current billing trends and issues, Medicare/Medicaid updates, and how to find and follow optimal workflows. The second day of the training will cover how to create a positive atmosphere of teamwork between the front and billing office to reduce errors and improve the revenue cycle.
- Billing Bootcamp (2 days) + Friday of Annual Conference: $525 (regularly $550)
- Billing Bootcamp ONLY (2 days): $375 (regularly $400)
- Front Desk Workshops (Thursday Only): $275 (regularly $300)
- Front Desk Workshops + Friday of Annual Conference: $375 (regularly $400)
Motivational Interviewing Boot Camp
This boot camp is to help case managers, care coordinators, community health workers, front line staff, medical assistants, or other non-provider care team staff help patients change unhealthy behaviors and find lasting motivation for improvement. This course explores the stages of change and what leads to behavior change, and identifies: the core aspects of the Motivational Interviewing (MI) model (avoiding argumentation, empathy, supporting self-efficiency); helpful and harmful interactions between client and provider/care-team to develop MI skills; appropriate MI-based response given patient-resistant scenarios; and how to help a client set an agenda, identify a goal, and develop an action plan.
- Motivational Interviewing Boot Camp (2 days) + Friday of Annual Conference: $525 (regularly $550)
- Motivational Interviewing Boot Camp ONLY (2 days): $375 (regularly $400)
MAT Waiver Training
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) of Substance Use Disorders involves a combination of a medication that targets the brain and psychosocial interventions (e.g., counseling, skills development) aimed at improving treatment outcomes. Training on MAT is required to obtain a waiver from the DEA to prescribe buprenorphine, approved by the FDA for the treatment of substance use disorder. At the completion of this training physicians will have met the requirements for MAT which is mandatory for licensure in nine years. Nurse practitioners and physicians assistants will obtain a waiver after completing this training and an additional 16 hours of training.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training ONLY: FREE
- (MAT) Waiver Training + Annual Conference: $375 (regularly $400)
We are excited to announce some of this year's content!*
- “But We’ve Always Done It This Way": Embracing Change (Even When Change is Hard) with Joshua Pedersen
- Opioid Use Disorder Discussion and Panel featuring journalists from Utah Public Radio
- “Let’s Get Growing” with Jones Loflin
Breakout Sessions Including:
- Staff Engagement with Jill Christensen
- Cancer Survivor Panel with cervical cancer survivor, Susie Carrillo
- Principles of Revenue Cycle Management- How to Keep Cash Flowing with Peter Theobald, Community Link Consulting
- The Opioid Crisis: What's Going On in Your Backyard and What Can You Do About It? with Brent Kelsey, Utah DSAMH; Charlie Smith, SAMHSA; and Christina Mead, HHS/HRSA/ORO
- Pandemic Training with Dr. Allyn Nakashima, Bureau Director, Bureau of Epidemiology
- Financial Basics for Board Members with Christine Arthur
- Payer Contract Negotiation Skills with Yvonne Ketchum-Ward
- Compensation, Retention & Turnover Workshop with Janice Wilson, Relias Learning
- Crisis De-Escalation & Effective Frontline Communication with Centerprise
- Download Full Schedule...
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites
2254 City Center Ct. | West Valley City, UT
$89/night | 1.800.662.2525 | Group Code: AUCH18
(Reservations must be made by phone for rate before 4/16/18)
Holiday Inn Express
3036 S. Decker Lake Dr. | West Valley City, UT
2 Double Beds $100/night
801-517-4000 | Mention “AUCH Conference”
(Reservations must be made by phone for rate before 4/9/18)
3038 S. Decker Lake Dr. | West Valley City, UT
1 Double Bed w/sofa sleeper $100/night
or 2 Queen Beds $139/night
801-746-8400 | Mention “AUCH Conference”
(Reservations must be made by phone for rate before 4/9/18)
All hotels offer complimentary breakfast and a shuttle to and from
the Utah Cultural Celebration Center (please arrange with front desk).
NOMINATIONS CLOSED FOR 2018. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for a deserving colleague! Please join us at the 2018 Annual Primary Care Conference for the AUCHIE Awards dinner and lend your applause to some amazing Health Center staff!